A free SDK for connectivity with FUSION-LINK audio systems
Open Source Entertainment for any accessory
FUSION-Link Lite is an open source entertainment control platform that allows any accessory manufacturer the opportunity to network with FUSION's superior entertainment equipment.
Control the FUSION audio from any device, the only limitation to our protocol is your imagination. If music can enhance your customers experience with your product, then FUSION can help.
Designed by the same team that made FUSION-Link the marine entertainment standard, FUSION-Link Lite is direct audio control for everybody.
Whether you are building a steering wheel, or developing a mobile application, you can now tap into the power of FUSION-Link.
By registering as a developer you gain access to the open source API specification and implementation documentation, which will guide you on your development project. To gain developer access you must first agree to our terms and conditions, this includes information on our branding spec.
We've made the process as streamlined as possible to ensure as many accessory manufacturers can adopt FUSION-Link Lite.
Join other world leading manufacturers such as Garmin, Gussi, Isotta and who are already supporting FUSION-Link Lite across their product range.
Join other world leading manufactures such as Garmin, Gussi, Isotta and who are alreasy supporting FUSION-Link Lite across their product range
Get to know FUSION-Link Lite
BENEFITS OF FUSION-LINK LITE
Whether you're a steering wheel manufacturer, smartwatch designer, digital switching provider of anything in between, the provided documentation allows for straight forward implementation of the protocol.
The adaptive code allows FUSION-Link Lite to operate over multiple network protocols including: NMEA 2000, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
FUSION-Link Lite is supported across the FUSION product range, allowing you to cater your accessory to any number of segments.
The greatest advantage of developing with FUSION-Link Lite is the assurance that FUSION is committed to extending the support of this protocol across to any new addition to the product family.
The current list of supported stereos include:MS-UD750 and MS-AV750 - NMEA 2000, Wi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothMS-UD650, MS-AV650 - NMEA 2000 and BluetoothMS-RA70N, MS-BB100 - NMEA 2000 and BluetoothMS-RA70 - Bluetooth
Take advantage of the smart open source code to engineer your accessory for music.
Control commands include:
- Play/Pause Track
- Volume Up/Down
- Skip Track/Previous Track
- Next Source/Previous Source
- Mute On/Off
As a registered FUSION-Link Lite developer you have the ability to leverage the prestigious FUSION brand and incorporate the easily identifiable FUSION-Link Lite logo onto your website, packaging or any other marketing collateral.
To ensure the continued success of the FUSION brand, any instance of logo usage must be submitted for approval. The process is simple: Log in, submit and we'll review.
DOWNLOAD THE SDK
FUSION-LINK LITE SHOWCASE
Garmin Fenix 3 Smartwatch
Operating FUSION-Link Lite via Bluetooth, the Fenix 3 offers the ability to adjust volume and skip tracks right from your wrist.
ISOTTA ISM Smart Steering Wheel
Operating FUSION-Link Lite via NMEA 2000, the ISM wheel offers quick access to any supported FUSION stereo.
Have you built FUSION-LINK Lite into your product?Contact Us
Want to find out more? Get in touch
FUSION-Link is an open source entertainment standard, designed for any accessory manufacturer to integrate FUSION audio onto their product. If you have any queries about implementation or any technical concerns feel free to send our support staff an email and we will endeavor to guide you through the process.Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
+How do I switch to NMEA display mode on my NRX200i remote when in stereo mode?
Simply press and hold the source button until the NMEA screen is displayed . To return to the Audio mode simply press the menu button.
+What is the NMEA LEN rating for the NRX200i Remote?
The NRX200i Remote is rated LEN:3
+My Fusion-Link Wireless Application Displays “No Stereos Available”
The first thing to check is that you are connected to the correct wireless network for the 700 series. Once you have confirmed this close the App on the device and restart it (consult the manufacturers website for instructions on restarting) . If this fails check that you have a valid IP address on the 700 series.
+What are my options for connecting FUSION remote controls to FUSION stereos?
MS-NRX200 Marine Wired Remote Controls can be installed throughout the vessel to provide full control of multiple FUSION Marine Stereos, creating flexible zone control and NMEA2000 monitoring solutions. The MS-NRX200 is a plug and play device with two connection options.
1) STANDARD FUSION INSTALLATION – USING THE CABLE KIT SUPPLIED WITH YOUR NRX200 REMOTE CONTROL.
Connect the remote control to your FUSION Marine Stereo with the standard cable kit provided with your purchase. The standard cable kit supplied with your product in NOT NMEA 2000 compatible.
CONTENTS OF THE BOX
1 x 6M Extension Cable
2 x T-Connector
1 x Terminator (Male)
1 x Terminator (Female)
Note: If you install the remote control using the standard FUSION cable kit provided with the remote control, NMEA2000 repeater functions are not available
2) NMEA2000 INSTALLATION
An existing NMEA 2000 network can be used to connect the remote control to your FUSION Marine Stereo. FUSION NMEA2000 connection kits are available separately for this purpose.
The FUSION cable kit MS-N2KCONN will be required for each FUSION device connected to the NMEA2000 network.
MS-N2KCONN - NMEA2000 Connection Pack
CONTENTS OF THE PACK
1 x NMEA2000 T-Connector
1 x Drop Cable FUSION to NMEA2000 Micro-C5
The remote control can be configured to display available NMEA2000 data on the network such as water depth, vessel speed and basic navigation data. Refer to xxxxx for a full list NMEA 2000 sentences displayed by the remote control.
+What marine devices or accessories are powered by the NMEA 2000 network?
FUSION uses the NMEA 2000 network to share data between devices and remote control devices. Our head units are powered using a directly connected power cable that is connected to the power source of the boat. Our NRX200 remote controls are powered from the NMEA 2000 network.
• MS-IP700 Marine Stereo for iPod (powered directly from supplied power cable)
• MS-AV700 Marine DVD Stereo (powered directly from supplied power cable)
• MS-NRX200 Remote Control and NMEA 2000 Display (powered from the NMEA 2000 network)
+What NMEA 2000 data does my NRX-200 Remote Control Display?
NMEA2000 REPEATER MESSAGES:
127250: Vessel Heading (Magnetic Heading, Correction, Deviation)
128259: Speed Water referenced (Speed Water, Speed Ground)
128267: Water Depth (Depth at transducer, transducer offset)
129025: Position Rapid Update (Latitude, Longitude)
129026: COG & SOG Rapid Update
129029: GNSS Position Data (Date, Time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude)
130306: Wind Data (Speed, Direction, Reference)
130310: Environmental Parameters (Water Temperature, Outside Ambient Air Temp, Atmospheric pressure)
130311: Environmental Parameters (Deprecated) (Temperature Instance, Humidity Instance, Temp, Humidity, Atmospheric Pressure)
130312: Temperature (Instance, Source, Actual)
130314: Actual Pressure
130577: Direction Data (Course Over Ground, Speed Over Ground, Heading, Speed Through Water)
129284: Navigation Data (ETA)
+What FUSION marine devices and accessories are NMEA 2000 Compatible?
FUSION makes devices that are NMEA 2000 compatible. These devices use NMEA 2000 to communicate with each other. NMEA 2000 is a faster language protocol than NMEA 0183 and will allow much more data to be shared between devices.
Here is a list of NMEA 2000 compatible FUSION products:
• MS-IP700 Marine Stereo for iPod
• MS-IP700i True Marine Entertainment System for iPod
• MS-AV700 Marine DVD Stereo
• MS-AV700i True Marine Entertainment System for DVD
• MS-NRX200 Remote Control and NMEA 2000 Display
• MS-NRX200i Remote Control and NMEA 2000 Display
• MS-RA205 True Marine Stereo
+My FUSION-Link wireless remote Application will not connect to my 700 series stereo.
The first thing to check is that the 700 series is displaying a valid IP address on the about screen. Select the settings menu then about to confirm. If the display is " IPNone " the router is either not a compatible DHCP product or not configured correctly. If the IP address starts with the prefix 169. it is not valid, this is a default address when the router is not sending a DHCP generated IP address or is configured incorrectly.Please review the Router's instruction manual or contact the manufacturers website for technical help.
Terms & Conditions
FUSION-Link™ Lite Adopter Agreement
By accepting this FUSION-Link™ Lite Adopter Agreement (this “Agreement”) between You and Garmin New Zealand Ltd. doing business as FUSION Entertainment (hereinafter “FUSION”), You will enter into this legally binding Agreement and have access to the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code (as those terms are defined in Section 1 below) subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.If You are accepting this Agreement on behalf of an entity, then in order for the entity to have the rights set forth in this Agreement You must include the full entity name and address, Your full name and Your full title.In addition, if You are accepting this Agreement on behalf of the entity, then You hereby acknowledge that You have authority to accept this Agreement on behalf of the entity and to bind the entity to the obligations set forth herein.You may accept this Agreement as an individual for personal use of the material and not associated with use by an entity, however, in such case You may not transfer or assign any of Your rights or delegate any of Your obligations under this Agreement to any entity or any other person.The terms and conditions of this Agreement are as follows:
1. This Agreement is subject to the following defined terms:
a.“FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application” is a demonstration personal computer (PC) application for simulating the FUSION-Link Lite commands.
b. “FUSION-Link Lite Documentation” means the FUSION-Link Lite specification documents and/or application programming interfaces (APIs) which describe how to implement certain Fusion-Link commands such as volume up, volume down, change audio source, and mute from remote devices.
c. “Source Code” means the FUSION-Link source code that is provided with the FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application.
d. “You” means an individual or legal entity who reads and accepts this Agreement.
2. FUSION grants You a non-exclusive, revocable, nonsublicensable, nontransferable license to the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code for the sole purpose of developing hardware and/or software for remote control of FUSION devices which includes the right to modify and create derivative works of the Source Code and include the Source Code and modified Source Code in Your hardware and/or software (“Purpose”).You acknowledge and agree that any use of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration and Source Code for any other Purpose is outside the scope of this license grant (“Unlicensed Purpose”).
3.You represent and warrant that You will not use the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code for any Unlicensed Purpose including the remote control of non-FUSION systems.You acknowledge and agree that if You use the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and/or Source Code for any Unlicensed Purpose including, but not limited to, using the APIs to communicate with third party hardware, then FUSION shall have a claim against You for both breach of contract and copyright infringement.
4. You represent and warrant that You will not modify in any way the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation and FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application provided to You under this Agreement.
5. Except as permitted in this Agreement, You agree to not distribute, transfer or provide any part of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code to any person or entity other than employees of Your organization with a need to know if You entered into this Agreement on behalf of an entity.
6. You agree to not claim any intellectual property rights or other rights in or to the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code or any associated information.FUSION retains all right, title and interest in and to the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code and any associated information.You are not granted any rights in or to any of the foregoing except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation and/or other written agreements with FUSION related to these materials.
7. You agree to not reference or include any FUSION trademarks and logos with respect to any application or other product that You develop under this Agreement that is sold or made generally available for use unless you have entered into a separate FUSION-Link Lite Logo License Agreement for each product and each such usage, or You are granted a written exception from FUSION.
8. You acknowledge and agree that the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code are confidential information of FUSION.Except as permitted in this Agreement, You agree to hold such FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code in strict confidence and shall not disclose them to any other person or entity other than employees of Your organization with a need to know if You entered into this Agreement on behalf of an entity.
9. You agree to not threaten to initiate litigation, or actually initiate litigation, against FUSION or any other entity based on their use of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation and/or Source Code in Your application(s) or other product(s).If You initiate litigation against any entity alleging the use of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation and/or Source Code constitutes intellectual property rights infringement, then FUSION may immediately terminate this Agreement and require You to cease all development under this Agreement and destroy all copies of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code and any other information provided to You under this Agreement.
10. FUSION, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, USABILITY, QUALITY, CAPACITY, PERFORMANCE, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF THE FUSION-LINK LITE DOCUMENTATION, FUSION-LINK LITE DEMONSTRATION APPLICATION, SOURCE CODE OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICES SUPPLIED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.FUSION, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WHETHER ARISING BY USAGE OR TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR OTHERWISE.FUSION, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE FUSION-LINK LIITE DOCUMENTATION, FUSION-LINK LITE DEMONSTRATION APPLICATION, SOURCE CODE OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICES SUPPLIED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, OR TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
11. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the England and Wales, without regard to any conflicts of laws principles.The parties agree that any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be litigated in the courts in New Zealand.The parties hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FUSION, its affiliated companies, suppliers and licensors from all claims, whether arising in tort or contract, against FUSION, its affiliated companies, suppliers or licensors, including legal fees, expenses, settlement amounts and costs, arising out of the application, use or sale of Your applications and other products that use the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code or any other products or services provided under this Agreement.
13. This Agreement contains the entire understanding between You and FUSION with respect to the matters contemplated by this Agreement and supersedes all prior written or oral communications, negotiations, understandings or agreements of any kind with respect to such matters.You may not assign this Agreement to any person or entity without the prior written consent of FUSION.
14. This Agreement may be amended from time to time by FUSION.In the event of any such amendment, You will be notified.Continued use of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code or any other information provided to You under this Agreement or continued access of the materials available following such notice constitutes Your binding acceptance of the amended Agreement.If You do not agree with any such amendment, then Your only remedy will be to terminate this Agreement and no longer use or access the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code or any other information provided to You under this Agreement.
15. If You fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement and such non-compliance is not cured within twenty (20) calendar days following the issuance of the written notice to that effect, FUSION may immediately terminate this Agreement.
16. You may terminate this Agreement with or without cause upon delivery of written notice to FUSION.
17. Upon termination under Section 15 or 16 above, Your license under Section 2 above is automatically revoked, all other rights and obligations for both parties under this Agreement will cease, You may no longer use or access the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application and Source Code, and You must destroy all copies of the FUSION-Link Lite Documentation, FUSION-Link Lite Demonstration Application, Source Code and any other information provided to You under this Agreement.